Fighting for Victims of Negligence throughout Aquidneck Island
The effects of serious injuries can be both physically and emotionally draining for you and your family, as well as financially draining. Your medical bills and suffering may be compensated if you suffer an injury as the result of another's negligence, rather than your own.
Attorney Robert T. Karns founded the Karns & Kerrison in 1974 and opened the Middletown location in 1975. Today, nearly 45 years later, the five attorneys at the firm continue to work toward Robert's original goal of providing a voice to victims of negligence in Aquidneck Island and all Rhode Island. Whether you suffered injuries in a car accident, need assistance with a workers' compensation claim, or need to appeal a Social Security Disability decision, you can turn to Karns & Kerrison.
Handling All Types of Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Cases
At Karns & Kerrison, we focus our practice on helping victims of severe personal injury. We have earned recognition and acclaim for our work on catastrophic injury cases, including those involving traumatic brain injury.
With more than 85 years of legal experience, our personal injury attorneys in Middletown are adept at handling a wide range of legal issues, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Product liability
- Boating accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Catastrophic injuries
- Workers' compensation
- Wrongful death
Do You Need a Middletown Personal Injury Lawyer?
Insurers can provide peace of mind when injuries occur, but they often deny responsibility and payment on injury claims or settle for far less than what is owed. By accurately determining how much compensation you are owed and negotiating fair compensation with an experienced Middletown personal injury lawyer, you can avoid these situations.
We will handle every exchange with the insurer on your behalf and if needed, you will have a lawyer to fight for your rights and protect your interests in court. If you do not hire an attorney, you may have to accept a much lower compensation offer from the insurance company.
What Will a Personal Injury Attorney Do for You?
All aspects of your case will be handled by a personal injury lawyer. After a serious injury, they'll make sure that you take all of the necessary steps to maximize your compensation.
Following a personal injury, there are several steps you can take to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Here are a few:
- Report the incident right away. A supervisor or manager could be notified about the injury by calling 911.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. Seek medical care as soon as possible after a catastrophic injury. Your doctor can assess your injuries and create a treatment plan for you. An attorney can arrange for your medical care to be properly evaluated.
- Keep any evidence from the case. You should not throw away any clothing or other items that might contain evidence from the incident. Photograph the incident scene if you can. Make sure you get the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses. This evidence will be used by your attorney to investigate your case further.
- Keep receiving medical treatment. Never stop following your doctor's orders and go to all follow-up doctor visits.
How to Find Our Middletown Office
Our Middletown office is located at 850 Aquidneck Ave, Unit A9 in Middletown, Rhode Island. Our office is conveniently located for all of those on Aquidneck Island, including those in nearby Newport, Portsmouth, and Jamestown.
If you are a victim of another party's negligence, learn how our Middletown personal injury attorneys can help you. Call (401) 841-5300 to schedule a free initial consultation.