Attorney Robert T. Karns founded the Karns Law Group, now Karns & Kerrison, in 1974 and opened the Middletown location in 1975. Today, nearly 45 years later, the five attorneys at the firm continue to work toward Robert’s original goal of providing a voice to victims of negligence in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Whether you suffered injuries in a car accident, need assistance with a workers' compensation claim, or need to appeal a Social Security Disability decision, you can turn to Karns & Kerrison.
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation when you call (888) 281-3100 or contact us online.
Handling All Types of Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Cases
At Karns & Kerrison, we focus our practice on helping victims of severe personal injury. We have earned recognition and acclaim for our work on catastrophic injury cases, including those involving traumatic brain injury.
With more than 85 years of legal experience, our personal injury attorneys in Middletown are adept at handling a wide range of legal issues, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Product liability
- Maritime Injuries
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Catastrophic injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
We also represent clients who are navigating the Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) process, as well as individuals who are considering filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We are proud to be a family law firm, providing clients throughout the area with compassionate, individualized legal services and dedicated advocacy.
How to Find Our Middletown Office
Our Middletown office is located at 6 Valley Road in Middletown, Rhode Island. Our office is conveniently located for all of those in the Newport area, including those in nearby Portsmouth, Narragansett, Providence, and Fall River.
You can reach our office by using the following driving directions:
- From the north: Take I-195 E toward New Bedford. From I-195 E, take Exit 8A for MA-24 S, follow the signs for Tiverton/Newport and continue onto MA-24 S. Follow MA-24 S across the state line and continue onto RI-24 S. From RI-24 S, merge onto RI-114 S/West Main Road. From RI-114 S/West Main Road, turn left onto Valley Road. Our office will be on your left.
- From the east: Take I-195 W toward Providence. From I-195 W, take Exit 8A for MA-24 S. Follow the signs for Tiverton/Newport and merge onto MA-24 S. Cross the state line into Rhode Island and continue onto RI-24 S. Follow RI-24 S and continue onto RI-114 S/West Main Road. From RI-114 S/West Main Road, turn left onto Valley Road and you will see our office on your left.
- From the south: Take US-1 N toward North Kingstown. From US-1 N, take the ramp to RI-138 E/Jamestown/Newport. Merge onto RI-138 E. Take the exit on the left toward Fall River/Cape Cod and merge onto RI-138/RI-138A/RI-238. Turn left onto Admiral Kalbfus Road and follow the signs for RI-138 E/RI-114. From Admiral Kalbfus Road, turn left onto West Main Road and then right onto Valley Road. Our office will be on your left.
- From the west: From I-95 N, take Exit 8A to merge onto RI-2 S/Quaker Lane. Turn left onto RI-401 E and then turn right to merge onto RI-4 S toward RI-403/Narragansett/Quonset. Make a slight right onto US-1 S. Take the RI-138 E ramp to Jamestown/Newport and keep left to continue on RI-138 E. Take the exit on the left toward Fall River/Cape Cod. Merge onto RI-138. Turn left onto Admiral Kalbfus Road and turn left again onto West Main Road. Turn right onto Valley Road. Our office will be on your left.
- If you are traveling via Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA), you can reach our office using the bus service. Both the bus stop at the intersection of West Main Road and Valley Road and the bus stop on Valley Road opposite the Knights of Columbus are less than a two-minute walk from our office.
If you are a victim of another party's negligence, learn how our Middletown personal injury attorneys can help you.
Call (888) 281-3100 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Car Accident Traumatic Brain InjuryI would definitely recommend Karns & Kerrison to anyone who asked - they come through for you.
- Patricia Feeley
Slipped on Greasy FloorI have no reservations whatsoever in recommending Karns & Kerrison.
- Mike Carey
Rear End CollisionNothing but positive results from consultation, to filing the legal suit, handling of a major operation, to recovery and finalizing a generous settlement.
- Larry Goldfarb
Horrible Car AccidentThey not only got me a fair settlement, they helped to get me well.
Motor Vehicle Accident - Braga BridgeIt was comforting to know I had someone watching out for me.
- Jeanie Small
Pedestrian hit by CarI did not know where to turn when I realized I needed legal help but I am very happy that I found Karns & Kerrison.