To Learn More, Contact Our Providence TBI Attorneys
If you or a loved one is suffering from a traumatic brain injury, you want to know more. What are the symptoms? What will the long-term effects be? What treatments are available? Here are a few of our favorite websites to help you learn more.
Need more information? We can help. Call us at 401-841-5300 for a no-cost, no-obligation appointment with one of our Rhode Island traumatic brain injury lawyers.
Online Resources for Traumatic Brain Injuries
- https://www.cdc.gov/TraumaticBrainInjury/index.html The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers updates on the latest research and statistics on traumatic brain injury, along with information on educational and outreach campaigns.
- The Mayo Clinic offers basic and in-depth information into the causes and symptoms of traumatic brain injury.
- http://www.traumaticbraininjuryatoz.org: The Center of Excellence for Medical Multimedia—created by the federal Office of the Surgeon General—offers information for soldiers suffering from traumatic brain injuries, and helps link them to medical treatment facilities, health and wellness centers, and TRICARE civilian medical facilities.
- https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Traumatic-Brain-Injury-Information-Page: The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, part of the National Institutes of Health, supports research into traumatic brain injury and other neurological disorders.
- http://www.biausa.org/: The Brain Injury Association of America provides advocacy, education, and research for those with traumatic brain injury and their families.
- http://www.brainline.org/: BrainLine is a national multimedia project offering information and resources about preventing, treating and living with TBI. BrainLine includes a series of webcasts, an electronic newsletter and an extensive outreach campaign in partnership with national organizations concerned about traumatic brain injury.
- https://www.biausa.org/find-bia/rhode-island: The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) is the country's oldest and largest nationwide brain injury advocacy organization and this is the RI branch.
- http://biama.org/: The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) is the country's oldest and largest nationwide brain injury advocacy organization and this is the MA branch.
- http://www.braininjury101.org/: What you should know about brain injury and recovery video.
Online Resources for Chiari 1 Malformation
- www.conquerchiari.org: The C&S Patient Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the experiences and outcomes of Chiari and syringomyelia patients through education, awareness, and research.
- http://www.chiariinstitute.com/chiari_malformation.html/: The Chiari Institute provides treatment of Chiari malformation.
Our Background in the Traumatic Brain Injury Field
Attorney Robert Karns is one of the most highly respected traumatic brain injury (TBI) attorneys in New England. Karns Law Group has been recognized repeatedly for its work on behalf of clients in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and across the United States.
When you choose our firm, you can rest assured of our ability to present a compelling case in support of your right to compensation for current and future medical care, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other considerations relevant to your case. We have secured positive results in a broad range of these cases, and we will pursue every available option in an effort to do the same for you.
Select one of the links below to learn more about traumatic brain injuries:
- Imaging to Show Traumatic Brain Injury: Learn about some of the important diagnostic tools available.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Blood Test Can Detect Traumatic Brain Injury: Few people realize that a blood test can be indicative of a traumatic brain injury.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Sleep Disturbances: A traumatic brain injury can have multiple symptoms, including significant disturbances in a victim's sleep habits.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – The Need To Be Resilient: One of the most important characteristics needed for a victim of traumatic brain injuries is resilience.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Tinnitus: Tinnitus, a common symptom of a traumatic brain injury, can include, ringing, buzzing and other irritating noises in the inner ear.
- All about Brain Injury PowerPoint: Read this document to discover some of the important facts about traumatic brain injuries.
- TBI and The Elderly PowerPoint: How does traumatic brain injury impact the elderly?
- TBI Client Communication and Management PowerPoint: Learn more about management and communication regarding traumatic brain injuries.
- AAJ TBI Seminar: Read the presentation of a seminar our law firm provided at the AAJ festival.
Still Have Questions? Speak With One Of Our Lawyers Today.
We invite you to contact one of our offices to discuss your injury claim in more detail with our Rhode Island traumatic brain injury attorneys. We offer a free initial consultation to all new clients, and we take most TBI cases on a contingency fee basis, so you won't pay any attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for you. We have offices in Providence and Middletown and proudly serve clients throughout the state.
You can reach us by calling 401-841-5300 or contact us via email to arrange an appointment.