Car accidents happen every day, but every incident is different. If you have been harmed by the actions of another driver, contact our experienced attorneys today.
The sooner we get involved, the sooner we can help you obtain compensation for your injuries and other losses.
We have been protecting our clients in car accident cases since 1974. We understand how to provide both aggressive representation and compassionate legal support.
How Can I Recover from a Car Accident?
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you may be overwhelmed with the severity of your injuries. In addition to hospital bills, you might have to prepare for a lifetime of changes.
Any financial consequence you suffer from an accident can be covered by “damages.” If someone else’s negligence caused your accident you can pursue a lawsuit against them to recover costs from:
- Medical bills (including hospitalization and surgery)
- Doctor’s visits
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- Lost or diminished wages
- Wrongful death (funerary costs, loss of consortium)
In addition to these economic damages, you may be able to pursue non-economic damages to account for your pain and suffering or punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer for their extreme negligence.
File Sooner Rather than Later
In Rhode Island, car accident claims are regulated by a stringent “statute of limitations.” This means that you only have 3 years from the date of your accident to pursue a personal injury lawsuit. Even if you lost a loved one, the limit to file a claim will not surpass 3 years. Some states have exceptions for extenuating circumstances, but Rhode Island General Laws, section 9-1-14 provides an incredibly strict statute for personal injuries.
While filing a lawsuit may be the last thing you want to do after a devastating loss, starting the process ASAP can help you stay well within the statute of limitations and gain whatever compensation you may be entitled to.
Should I Call an Attorney?
Even if your car crash seems minor, you should get in touch with a lawyer. Some injuries take time to develop and having a well-documented case can help your claim from the moment your ailments arise.
If you are dealing with insurance companies, an attorney can also make sure you get a fair settlement. While insurance agents may try to take advantage of innocent victims, they do not want to risk going to court and will offer larger awards when dealing with an attorney.
Sometimes, you may be unsure whether or not you have a case. At Karns & Kerrison, we offer free consultations, so we can get to know you and your story before offering our assistance.
Cases We Handle
Like we said before, every car accident claim is different. Our firm handles car accidents of all shapes and sizes, including:
- Head-on collisions: These accidents can be terrifying and result in serious or catastrophic injuries. We will find out what caused the crash and who to hold liable.
- T-bone accidents: A T-bone accident often affects the drivers side of the vehicle and can cause broken bones, back injuries, and trauma to the head and neck. These accidents happen most often when drivers are speeding or ignore traffic signals.
- Intersection accidents: The rules of the road will help us clarify fault in an intersection accident.
- Rollover accidents: If your car rolls, the impact on passengers can be overwhelming. Internal injuries may reveal themselves after the accident.
- Rear-end crashes: These accidents may seem harmless at first but can cause whiplash or brain injuries later on.
- Hit-and-run accidents: If someone hit you and left the scene, you may feel like you have no options. Our attorneys can help make sure your insurance company honors your coverage.
- Construction zone crashes: When traffic is compacted due to road construction, dangerous situations can arise. Our investigation may reveal crucial information about your case.
- Drunk and distracted driver crashes: These accidents can almost always be attributed to the driver who was intoxicated or inattentive at the time of the collision. Our attorneys can help prove liability.
The Value of Experienced Attorneys
At Karns & Karrison, we have over 85 years of collective experience. We put it to use on our client’s behalf to make sure no one has to face the consequences of someone else’s negligence alone.
Although we cannot prevent suffering, we can alleviate it by providing our clients with the financial resources they need to recover.
We do not charge any fees unless we win your case.
For a lawyer who is truly on your side, call (888) 281-3100 today.
Car Accident Traumatic Brain InjuryI would definitely recommend Karns & Kerrison to anyone who asked - they come through for you.
- Patricia Feeley
Slipped on Greasy FloorI have no reservations whatsoever in recommending Karns & Kerrison.
- Mike Carey
Rear End CollisionNothing but positive results from consultation, to filing the legal suit, handling of a major operation, to recovery and finalizing a generous settlement.
- Larry Goldfarb
Horrible Car AccidentThey not only got me a fair settlement, they helped to get me well.
Motor Vehicle Accident - Braga BridgeIt was comforting to know I had someone watching out for me.
- Jeanie Small
Pedestrian hit by CarI did not know where to turn when I realized I needed legal help but I am very happy that I found Karns & Kerrison.