When you are injured due to someone else’s mistakes, Rhode Island law gives you the right to demand compensation from them through a claim or lawsuit. Although, there is no guarantee that your claim will be successful, no matter how injured you are or how much evidence you have on your side. To give yourself a fair chance to get the recovery you deserve, team up with Karns & Kerrison in Providence.
We have a highly experienced team of personal injury lawyers who are ready to help and represent you in this difficult time. Our knowledge of liability law and legal procedures becomes your own when we are hired to act on your behalf.
On This Page:
- Cases We Handle
- Damages You Can Recover
- Statute of Limitations
- What Our Attorneys Can Do for You
- Get To Work On Your Case!
Learn more about Karns & Kerrison representation by dialing (888) 281-3100 today.
The main focus of our law firm is placed on catastrophic injury cases for people who have been injured at no fault of their own. Throughout our 85+ years of total legal experience, we have seen all sorts of different cases and handled them for our clients with professionalism and compassion. We are confident that we can handle your case, too. Everything might seem complicated and confusing right now, but we are here to shine a light on the situation and guide you to a positive case result.
Our Providence personal injury attorneys can help with these case types and more:
- Car accidents: Car accidents or auto accidents are one of the most common personal injury claims filed throughout Rhode Island, as well as the entire country. Despite their commonality, we don’t see car accident claims as routine. Every client’s case is given individual attention.
- Truck accidents: Filing a claim against a trucking company is complicated and difficult. They have significant resources to defend themselves. Karns & Kerrison can give you the strength and authority to challenge them and stand up to their arguments.
- Pedestrian accidents: We are ready to stand up for your rights if you were hit by a negligent driver while you were walking down the street, through a parking lot, or across a crosswalk. Pedestrian accident cases are serious, so please take your legal representation just as seriously.
- Product liability: A product manufacturer that fails to uphold its obligation to only sell safe products can be met with a product liability claim if one of those products fails and hurts a consumer.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property, then they might be liable for the resulting damages. It depends on if the slip-and-fall hazard reasonably should not have been there, or at least should have been mentioned to you beforehand.
- Dog bites: Dog owners are held strictly liable for the actions of their canine companions. Under this legal rule, you can demand compensation from a dog owner after their dog bites you, even if that dog never showed signs of aggression in the past.
- Catastrophic injuries: A catastrophic injury is life-threatening or causes life-altering consequences. Our firm has a long history of handling high-value, high-risk catastrophic injury claims and lawsuits.
- Wrongful death: Please allow our legal team to work on the wrongful death case after you lose a loved one in an accident. We want you to continue healthily grieving while we advance your claim for justice and a sense of closure.
- Workers’ compensation: Were you hurt at work? Even if it was your fault, you might be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. We can help handle your claim or fight for a workers’ compensation settlement if it was denied.
You could be owed thousands, tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of dollars from the party that caused your accident and injuries. Our Providence personal injury team has worked on cases that were valued at even higher dollar amounts, too. We know how to uncover the full extent of your damages, including what you will likely suffer in the future. Thanks to our experience that spans decades, we also know how to look for multiple insurance policies to file against when applicable, which can make it simpler to get the full amount of compensation that you need without worrying about insurance caps.
In your claim, we can demand damages that help you pay for:
- Past and future medical bills.
- Unearned wages when you were recovering.
- Income you won’t earn in the future due to a permanent disability.
- Miscellaneous losses caused by a disability or complication.
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma.
- Lessened enjoyment of life.
The list of potential damages is longer than what we have included here. Every case is unique, so the damages owed to you are unique as well. You can trust us to take the time to truly figure out what you are owed and why.
Rhode Island has a three-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims that usually begins on the date of the accident. It can also begin on the date that the claimant’s injuries became reasonably apparent or were diagnosed by a medical professional. During those three years, you can file a claim against the liable party and demand damages.
Once the three-year statute of limitations ends, the opportunity to start a claim effectively closes forever. You shouldn’t plan on using the full three years, though, at least not intentionally. The sooner that you can get our Providence personal injury attorneys on your side, the easier it will be for us to find and use convincing evidence of liability. Call (888) 281-3100 as soon as you know you need legal help.
Working on a personal injury case can be stressful and time-consuming. When you should be resting and recovering, you shouldn’t be worrying about legal procedures and what an opposing insurance company might do. By coming to Karns & Kerrison, you can leave every step of your case up to us. Our careers and reputation are built upon standing up for the wrongfully injured, and we would be honored to get to do the same for you.
When working on your personal injury case, we can do the following and much more:
- Collect and review available evidence.
- Calculate your past and future damages.
- Determine liability.
- File and manage the claim.
- Negotiate with insurance companies.
- Prepare for and enter litigation on your behalf.
Leave everything up to our Providence personal injury attorneys of Karns & Kerrison. We are here to pursue full compensation in your name, so you can do your best to recover from your injuries and losses. Scheduling a free initial consultation is easy—just dial (888) 281-3100 whenever you are ready.
Car Accident Traumatic Brain InjuryI would definitely recommend Karns & Kerrison to anyone who asked - they come through for you.
- Patricia Feeley
Slipped on Greasy FloorI have no reservations whatsoever in recommending Karns & Kerrison.
- Mike Carey
Rear End CollisionNothing but positive results from consultation, to filing the legal suit, handling of a major operation, to recovery and finalizing a generous settlement.
- Larry Goldfarb
Horrible Car AccidentThey not only got me a fair settlement, they helped to get me well.
Motor Vehicle Accident - Braga BridgeIt was comforting to know I had someone watching out for me.
- Jeanie Small
Pedestrian hit by CarI did not know where to turn when I realized I needed legal help but I am very happy that I found Karns & Kerrison.