Bicycle accidents can be avoided by using the proper safety equipment and by having total control over the bicycle. One such device that provides this is the use of the GPS - computer systems for bicycles.
GPS - computers for bicycles provide information that makes the bicycle safer to avoid bicycle accidents and if there is a bicycle accident it provides information that will greatly help show the cause of the collision.
These GPS systems - computers provide much information for the bicycle rider including:
- Creation of round trip routes that not only give directions and show the bicycle operator where he or she is going but also give alternative routes.
- Navigation to and between points of interest.
- Speed of the bicycle.
- Distance the bicycle travels.
- Time the bicycle travels.
- Elevation and ascent.
These computers provide safety information and built in safety devices that greatly aid the bicycle operator, including:
- Displaying the route the bicycle is going in order that the bicycle operator knows the directions and avoids getting lost or taking wrong streets.
- Displays the speed in order that the bicycle is travelling at a safe speed.
- Displays the time and trip time in order that the bicycle operator is aware of the time and how long the trip is taking.
- Many of these units have built in Bluetooth capability in order that a phone can be used hands free.
- Many of these units have built in LED lighting systems that act as a headlight and can be switched to a flashing mode and warning light as well.
In addition to providing safety information in devices that help prevent bicycle accidents, these units are also useful in establishing liability if a collision occurs.
These units have downloading capabilities that will display the following information:
- The route travel where the collision occurred.
- Where the bicycle stopped when the collision occurred and its final rest.
- The speed the bicycle was travelling before and when the collision occurred.
- The actual route and where the impact occurred.
This information is extremely valuable when downloaded when establishing that the bicycle owner was not at fault and that the vehicle involved with the bicycle actually caused the collision. This can be shown by the downloaded route and point of impact, the speed that the bicycle was travelling before the impact and when the impact occurred and other information that is very useful in showing that the bicycle operator did not cause the collision.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment