Car accidents are extremely common, but that does not mean they are straightforward cases. If you have been injured, please speak with one of our experienced lawyers to learn how we can help you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses.
Since 1974, our firm has provided aggressive yet compassionate representation to clients injured in motor vehicle accidents throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers.
We Have the Experience to Take Any Car Accident Case
A serious car accident can change your life forever, leaving you with a spinal cord injury, burns, disfigurement, limited mobility or personality changes caused by a traumatic brain injury. In addition to physical and emotional trauma, innocent victims must contend with the financial devastation that often follows an accident.
At Karns & Kerrison, we believe that no one should have to suffer due to the negligent or wrongful acts of another. If you have been injured in a car accident caused by another party, we can help you fight for justice and full compensation to take care of your expenses and recover from your injuries.
- Head-on collisions: These types of accidents are especially dangerous and can result in serious or fatal injuries. Brain injuries, facial injuries, neck injuries, lacerations, and scarring are common. If the front of the vehicle is crushed, victims may also suffer broken legs and arms as well as spinal cord injuries. Drunk drivers, fatigued drivers, and poor road conditions are some of the most common causes of head-on collisions.
- Rear-end collisions: A rear-end collision can be just a fender bender or a serious accident causing catastrophic injuries. Whiplash and brain injuries are common because the impact causes the driver's head to whip back and forth. Back and neck injuries may also occur. Distracted drivers, impaired drivers, and bad traffic conditions can lead to rear-end collisions.
- T-bone accidents: These accidents occur when one vehicle hits another in a perpendicular fashion, crashing into the vehicle's side. Injuries may be catastrophic or fatal and include broken bones; crush injuries; back, neck and spinal cord injuries; and traumatic brain injuries. Drivers who ignore traffic signals, drive recklessly or drive too fast in bad weather can cause these collisions.
- Rollover accidents: When a vehicle rolls in an accident, passengers may experience impact from all sides of the vehicle. This dangerous accident can also result in the roof collapsing and crushing passengers. In these cases, severe brain or spinal cord injuries can result in death. Other injuries may include broken bones, crush injuries and internal organ damage.
- Hit-and-run accidents: It may be difficult to know what to do after a hit-and-run accident. If the negligent driver is not apprehended, we can help you seek the damages you need from your insurance company. Talk to our attorneys as soon as possible so we can assess your case.
- Construction zone accidents: Road construction zones can be hazardous for drivers. Narrowed lanes, merging traffic and construction vehicles at work make driving difficult. Construction zones must be clearly marked and carefully managed. Distracted or reckless drivers can easily cause accidents in these situations because traffic is compressed in a small space.
- Intersection accidents: Accidents at intersections are very common, especially when a driver is not paying attention. T-bone collisions between vehicles can occur when a negligent driver ignores stop signs or other traffic signals. In addition, bicyclists and pedestrians can be injured by drivers at intersections.
- Drunk and distracted driving accidents: People who drive under the influence of alcohol or drive while distracted create grave danger for other people on the road. These drivers tend to cause serious or fatal accidents. If you have been injured or lost a family member to a drunk or distracted driver, you may be entitled to compensatory and punitive damages. Please discuss your case with our firm to learn more.
Contact Our Rhode Island Car Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured or someone you love has been killed in a fatal car accident, we invite you to call our office at (888) 281-3100 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation. Cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we win compensation for you.
Car Accident Traumatic Brain InjuryI would definitely recommend Karns & Kerrison to anyone who asked - they come through for you.
- Patricia Feeley
Slipped on Greasy FloorI have no reservations whatsoever in recommending Karns & Kerrison.
- Mike Carey
Rear End CollisionNothing but positive results from consultation, to filing the legal suit, handling of a major operation, to recovery and finalizing a generous settlement.
- Larry Goldfarb
Horrible Car AccidentThey not only got me a fair settlement, they helped to get me well.
Motor Vehicle Accident - Braga BridgeIt was comforting to know I had someone watching out for me.
- Jeanie Small
Pedestrian hit by CarI did not know where to turn when I realized I needed legal help but I am very happy that I found Karns & Kerrison.