Providence Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycle Accident Claims in Providence, RI
When you are riding your bicycle through Providence or anywhere else in Rhode Island, you have the right to share the road with motorists. You have the right to assume that you will be safe from the harm that negligent drivers can cause. If you were hit by a reckless driver while riding your bicycle, then you also have the right to demand fair compensation from them.
Karns & Kerrison can help you explore your legal options if you were hit while riding your bike. Our Providence bicycle accident lawyers can stand up for you and demand compensation in your name.
Let’s discuss your case. Dial (888) 281-3100 to schedule a free, confidential consultation with our Providence bicycle accident attorneys.
On This Page:
- After a Bicycle Accident
- Bicycle Accident Claim Damages
- Bicycle Safety in Providence
- Learn How to Start a Bike Accident Claim
After a Bicycle Accident
When you have been in a bicycle accident, it is important to:
- Call for help: You should dial 911 if you or someone else has been seriously injured. First responders can control the situation. Also, the accident reports that they create can be beneficial for your claim later.
- Get contact information: You need the contact information and insurance information from all involved parties. If an eyewitness stops to help, then you should get their information, too. Sometimes, the best evidence an attorney can use comes from an eyewitness testimony.
- Take photographs: Pictures are invaluable in accident claims, as well as videos. Take photographs of the bike accident scene. The more pictures that you can take, the more opportunities your attorney will have to build your case.
- See a doctor: Visit the doctor for a checkup if you aren’t taken to the hospital immediately after the bike accident. A doctor’s visit can uncover underlying injuries. It can also make an important note in your medical history that backs up your claim.
Bicycle Accident Claim Damages
The value of your claim will be based on the total of your losses caused by the bicycle accident. Losses in an injury claim apply to economic loss and non-economic harm, which means the worth of your case could be more than you initially expect. Let our Providence bike accident lawyers handle the case, so you can be confident that the damages are accurately calculated.
Damages in your bicycle accident claim could include:
- All past and future medical treatment costs
- Lost wages and future unearned income
- Miscellaneous losses related to your injuries
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
Bicycle Safety in Providence
While we are honored to help our bicycle accident clients, we would be even happier to hear that the total number of bicycle accidents in Providence went down. For this reason, we would like to offer some quick safety tips for bicyclists and motorists alike, so the roads in our city are safer for everyone.
Bicycle safety tips to keep in mind include:
- Bicyclists should wear bright colors and use bike lights and reflectors.
- Bicyclists should always wear a well-fitted helmet.
- Bicyclists should use the bike lane whenever possible.
- Motorists must share the road with bicyclists.
- Motorists must not drive in bike lanes except when necessary to complete a turn.
- Motorists must give bicyclists ample space when passing.
Learn How to Start a Bike Accident Claim
Legal processes are rarely simple, especially when it involves an accident, injuries, and compensation. For all the help and guidance that you need, call the Providence bicycle accident lawyers of Karns & Kerrison. We are here to put your worries at ease while we pursue the best possible outcome in your case, whether that involves a settlement or verdict.
Want a free consultation about a bicycle accident claim? Click here or dial (888) 281-3100.
Car Accident Traumatic Brain InjuryI would definitely recommend Karns & Kerrison to anyone who asked - they come through for you.
- Patricia Feeley
Slipped on Greasy FloorI have no reservations whatsoever in recommending Karns & Kerrison.
- Mike Carey
Rear End CollisionNothing but positive results from consultation, to filing the legal suit, handling of a major operation, to recovery and finalizing a generous settlement.
- Larry Goldfarb
Horrible Car AccidentThey not only got me a fair settlement, they helped to get me well.
Motor Vehicle Accident - Braga BridgeIt was comforting to know I had someone watching out for me.
- Jeanie Small
Pedestrian hit by CarI did not know where to turn when I realized I needed legal help but I am very happy that I found Karns & Kerrison.